Ready to hit your morning workout with a stomach full of healthy beast mode protein waffles? PureBulk has you covered with an intense protein packed recipe that will leave your taste buds singing and your body ready to work out.
PureBulk’s DIY: Frosted Monster Protein Waffles
The stuff you will need for the waffles:
½ cup whole wheat flour
4 scoops whey protein
stevia sweeten to taste (or 1/8 tsp Rebaudioside A 98% Stevia Extract… 300x sweeter than sugar)
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup sweet almond milk
1 whole egg
¼ cup mashed banana
½ tsp vanilla extract
Stuff you will need for the frosting
¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt
Stevia sweeten to taste
2 tbsp nonfat cream cheese
1 tbsp fresh blueberries
How you throw it all together and cook it
1. Preheat your waffle iron on its medium setting.
2. Mix your whole wheat, baking soda, protein, cinnamon and stevia into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix your egg, almond milk, vanilla and banana.
4. Stir your wet ingredients into your dry and gently mix them until consistent.
5. Spray your waffle iron with Pam or equivalent cooking spray.
6. Gently pour mix into waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
How you make the frosting
1. In a new bowl mix your yogurt, cream cheese (room temp) and stevia until constistent.
2. Mix in your fresh blueberries and whip frosting until blueberries are fairly broken up.
3. Place ingredients in a zip lock bag and squeeze contents to one corner (like a frosting bag).
4. Cut corner off bag and squeeze the frosting onto the waffles.
Optional tasty things to add to the waffles and frosting
1. Sprinkle grape nuts cereal on the frosted waffles.
2. Or add more blueberries or banana slices to the frosted waffles.
3. Or add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the frosted waffles.
Enjoy a great start to the day with these amazing frosted waffles! Who said eating healthy had to taste like cardboard!